2010. május 31., hétfő

28 May, Friday

Now Bellinzona's got to see me after all :):)
It all began with terrible rain. And the conviction that I have to make it up to Bellinzona today. So I went to that fine city, the center of Ticino, where you must at least pass through every time you come to Lugano from the North. Famous for its 3 castles, UNESCO World Heritage sights or what. Well, then I went to search for some nice old churches a little bit out of town by a map I got from the Turist office. Circled around a bit, one of them was an interesting graveyard church,

And the rain began to fall even more strongly, so I took a train to Locrno, beside the Lago Maggiore, hoping to get a bit of sunshine. Nice place, very secretive with it's sights, not very good icecream, and a monastery on the hill, Mary...something... de Sacco. I climed up,
They were renovating the whole place, women painted frescoes all over, I could not even enter the church! But I saw the statue of Mary, and the view was really spectacular!!
Then I saw the castle, got lost a bit cursing the Eyewittness guides in several languages, and took a bus into the general direction of Ascona...
Tourist place, the lady from the Lucern train yesterday mentioned to have a summer home here. Many people have one. This little town got it all. Lake, sun, trees, nice library... Gorgeous! And a German second hand bookshop with spectacular armchairs!!
Well, after a while I decided to go back to Bellinzona (was on the way anyway), to have a bit of sun there too. The bus and the one-way street pretty much fooled me than, but I managed to arrive and climb a castle.
It's really hard to get all 3 of them to one picture, but here I managed. Forefront: the castle I'm at. Background: No 2 and 3.
Well, and the fun on that ay, it was day 3 of the annual Bellinzona Beatles Days!!! Free concert in the middle of the Sun Square. Beer, people, black T-shirts!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: